Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Wedding Tea Party


This shabby chic wedding tea party was my first ever cake photoshoot. The wonderfully talented Lora, from Lora Grady Photography, asked me if I would make a cake for her wedding tea party-inspired photoshoot, and of course I said yes! After discovering that the colors were pink and yellow, I went to work. I knew exactly what I wanted to do.





We needed some sort of pastry at the tea party (because what is a tea party without sweets?!), so I decided to make little delicate cupcakes. Simple yet beautiful.
This cupcake was my favorite. 



And we can't forget about the star of the show...the cake!
I went with an ivory buttercream, the bottom layer being swirls, the next layer waves, and the top two layers as petals; all surrounding an almond cake with raspberry cream filling.



I love shrub roses, don't you? They're timeless.
I supplied my own flowers for my desserts, but the remaining gorgeous floral work was done by Lauren at Lauren Hickman Design.








The beautiful bride and groom...






4 comments:

  1. Is there a recipe for the cake. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Here is the recipe on my food blog (Swavory Stuff): http://swavorystuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/wedding-cake-wonders.html

      Delete
  2. People who simply desire yet one more way to Milk Amazon for yet an additional free month of Prime and also all it's Extras!! Instead of terminating via your system, you have to go via the hassle of actually calling xbox Live support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So chic wedding tea party! I am truly very impressed with these gorgeous décor inspirations. For me, it is really very special post because I am also tying the knot with my love. We are having a shabby chic themed ceremony and have already reserved one of the most beautiful Los Angeles wedding venues.

    ReplyDelete